- Ensure that your document is setup to the correct size – If your final document needs to be 5.5″ x 8.5″, set your page size to 5.5″ x 8.5″. DO NOT setup your 5.5″ x 8.5″ document in the middle of a larger page size.
- Use a page layout program to layout your document – Programs such as Quark or InDesign are designed for page layout and thus give you more control over your document than programs such as Illustrator or Photoshop. Setting up your document in the proper program will reduce your project turn-around time and will ensure that your job prints correctly.
- Check your images for correct color – Be sure that your 4-color images are setup as CMYK, and that your spot color images are in fact spot colors and not RGB or CMYK.
- Check your images for proper resolution (see How To Images)
- Check your document for proper bleeds – If your document bleeds on any or all sides, be sure to pull the bleed at least 1/8″ past the edge of your document.
- Print a set of color separated lasers – Printing out a set of color separated lasers will show you before-hand if there are any problems with separating the colors in your document. This gives you a chance to fix any problems before you send us your files. This step alone can save on setup fees.
- When submitting a job, include your document and all supporting files (see What To Send)
- Zip or Stuff your file (see How To Zip)
- If you’re using the FTP site you will need to get a user name and password from your Customer Service Rep or Account Manager.