How To Send
There are a few different ways to send your files to Allegra. If you’re not sure which one works best for you, simply call your Allegra Customer Service Rep or Account Manager for help.
Prior to submitting files, please check the following:
- Document is setup correctly (see How To Setup)
- You’ve included your document and all supporting files
(see What To Send)
- Files have been Zipped or Stuffed (see How To Zip)
- If you’re using the FTP site you will need to get a user name and password from your Customer Service Rep or Account Manager.
Sending Files Using Allegra’s Website
Sending your files using Allegra’s website is fast and easy. Please note, however, that there is a 150 MB limit on file size. Files larger than 150 MB should be sent using our FTP site. Using our website upload tool requires NO additional software; any web browser (FireFox, Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer), will work fine.
- Select “Upload Files” in the upper-left-hand corner of the site
- Fill out “Online Order Form”
- At the bottom of the Order Form click the “Browse” button to select your Zip or Stuffed file
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page
- You will receive a confirmation email once your file has been successfully uploaded
Sending Files Using Allegra’s FTP Site
Sending your files using Allegra’s FTP site requires the use of a FTP program like Filezilla, Fetch, WS FTP, or any of the other FTP programs (for our example we will use the free program Filezilla which you can download here)
- Fill in FTP Address ( ftp.downtownallegra.com )
- Fill in User Name (get user name form your Customer Service Rep)
- Fill in Password (get password form your Customer Service Rep)
- Click “Connect” to log on to the FTP site
- Window “A” is your computer. Window “B” is Allegra’s FTP site
- Find your file in window “A” and drag it into window “B”